“Recognizing someone is complicated:” A conversation about Love
– When you found me, you recognized me.
-What do you mean?
-You know who I am.
– No, what do you mean, When I found you?
– You found me.
– We found each other.
– But I wasn’t looking for you to find me. I was looking to find someone. I just didn’t know what it would mean.
– I still don’t get it. We found each other. I found you and you found me.
– I didn’t know you were looking for me.
– How could you? Don’t be silly.
– I knew you found me when you recognized me. I felt found.
– I liked you. Like you.
– This isn’t liking someone though. I like this comforter. I don’t recognize it. You recognized me.
– It’s not that complicated, liking someone.
– Recognizing someone is complicated.
– You’re confusing me.
– You see me for who I am. You see things in me that I don’t see. Things that I don’t want to see.
– I know you’re a good man. That’s why I like you. You do what you say you are going to do and you’re nice to me.
– You see me.
– You’re pretty close right now.
– No, you see me for who I am.
– You’re not that much different than anyone else. But you’re nice.
– And that’s it?
– You’re sexy. I like how you smell.
– Don’t you feel it to0. That I recognize you?
– Like you forgot me and then remembered? What’s the point of that?
– So we complete each other. You recognize me. I recognize you. We know what’s inside each of us but we know that we feel complete with that understanding. It’s like we were the missing key.
– What? You feel it too, right? Tell me what it feels like to you…
– Just wow. I don’t get it. We’re good together. I like you.
– You’ve got to feel this too, right? How would you describe it?
– Describe this?
– What we’ve got?
– What it makes you feel?
– It makes me feel special. It’s easy. You’re nice. I like when you feel good.
– And that’s enough?
– Enough? What’s the matter with that that it’s not good enough?
– Don’t you feel it inside your soul, what this connection means? I feel like I’m anchored here, like you’ve taken a piece of me and put it inside yourself to complete a puzzle, and that if I break away then everything inside me is going to fall to pieces and I won’t have the one piece I need to put it all back together.
– You’re giving me a headache.
– I mean it, don’t you feel this?
– Look, I’m not going anywhere. Doesn’t that mean something?
– It means you are getting something that you don’t want to stop getting, that’s what it means.
– That’s being mean. And what’s wrong with that? I give you the things you want too. All the time.
– Yeah, but you can buy things that you want. That’s like going shopping. You can’t separate two things that are chemically mixed. That’s what Love is. That’s what’s going on here.
– You better think about what you’re calling me. I’m going to sleep. Stop talking. You’re going to ruin everything.
– I can’t.